Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Social Media; The Next Addiction

For Smokers, there is the 'patch' that is supposed to help you curb your craving for a cigarette.
Soon there may come a day when Pharmaceutical companies release the Facebook or Social Media patch for those of use hooked on these sites.

How often do you check Facebook, or Twitter, or Linked In?
Once a day? Several times a day? All the time?

From eMarketer.com, Social Media sites are addicting - so much so that a large percentage of users (of social media) check their accounts when they wake during the night and more have to start their day with a check of their social media accounts. So much for having a healthy breakfast.



This report from eMarketer.com also shows that the majority of social media users can go the full day with only checking their account once. That puts me in the minority as I crave Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites as often as a dozen times a day.

Hi, my name is Darren, and I am addicted to Social Media.
Glad to know I am not the only one.

-Darren
Sign up for my FREE email Newsletter with tips and tricks for effective communications through the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment